A slitter knife is a manual machine used to cutplastic and paper. A slitter knife is also called a wedge slitting blade, paper slicer, or perforator.
Circular Rotary Dished Cutting Blade
Choose a local manufacturer or a Chinese manufacturer
What are the advantages?
- When choosing a local manufacturer, the slitter knife can be purchased at a reasonable price and can meet the local market's demand.
- The production that is done by adopting a traditional method with manual processing and low-cost labor will be designed according to the requirements and needs of each industry. Because only manual processing is needed, high-quality products are also produced.
- Choosing a Chinese manufacturer has the advantages of fast delivery and cheap cost of labor.
Metal Circular Slitter Blades
What are the disadvantages?
- The quality of the Chinese products may be lower than those produced by local manufacturers. But this does not mean that all Chinese products are inferior; you still need to choose a manufacturer carefully and ensure they can produce a product of good quality.
How to confirm the quality of the product before purchasing?
- You can view it yourself. Visit their factory directly, or ask a third party to visit it in your place.
- A machine's quality is also determined by its parts. A part produced locally can be easier to understand because you can visit the factory yourself. Still, if it is a Chinese manufacturer, you need to visit their factory or contact them with a third party before purchasing.
- The machine's appearance may look good, but do not judge the quality solely on appearance.
Issues to consider when choosing a Chinese manufacturer
Delivery speed: How fast can they produce?
Delivery within 30 days.
Standard: Is it in line with the local market?
-As a machine used in many production processes, choosing a product with high performance is essentiai. If you choose one of the low standards, then the speed of production and the quality will be lower than those machines with high standards.
-If you choose one of a high standard, it will only take half the time to produce it, but the quality is not guaranteed.
-If you choose one of low standard and the product has no problem up to the present, then it is a good choice.
Rotary Slitter Blades
What should be confirmed with the supplier?
What taxes should be considered when purchasing abroad?
You need to confirm which taxes will be charged when importing. Whether customs duties or tax is applicable or not. A slitter knife is an industrial machine that is relatively large, so it may have import tax applied.
- When purchasing from a local manufacturer, check if there are additional charges for the machines. Will the freight be included in the price or not?
- When purchasing from a Chinese manufacturer, you must confirm fast and cheap delivery.
What should shipping methods be considered when purchasing abroad?
There are two shipping methodsto choose from sea or air.
- The cost of shipping by sea will be relatively cheap, but the delivery period is rather long, about 30 days or even longer.
- The cost of shipping by air will be relatively expensive, but the delivery period is shorter than that of sea freight, about ten days or even less.
Price: The price of a slitter knife varies accordingto the shape, materials, and brand.
- The price of a machine with a high standard ismuch higher than that of devices with a low bar:
What factors should be considered when choosing a blade?
The range of total blade length, blade width, thickness, and hardness of the blade will affect the production level of each process. If you choose one unsuitable for your needs, it will affect the efficiency of your production process.
- When the slitter knife is constantly processing, anyslight misalignment can lead to a blade breaking, sothe blade and the machine must be well matched.
- The blade must be made of high-quality material so that it can resist stripping and cutting after along period of use, but it must not be too hard tomake it challenging to sharpen.
Choosing a suitable slitter knife is not as simple asit seems. It's not just about finding the best equipment you can afford but also choosing a machine that serves your requirements. When selecting a slitter knife, whether it's local or Chinese, you must first determine what you need. It's essential to know how much time it will take for you to produce your products. If you choose one of a high standard and short delivery time, then make sure to confirm the quality of each product before purchasing.
Nanjing Jingfeng Knife Manufacturing CO., Ltd. is a professional metallurgical blade and spare parts producer for Metallurgical Ministry of P.R.C. Major products including: stripping blade for slitting shear (precision stripping), cross scissor (sheet shearing blade), rolling blade (flying scissor), with further development. Our company actively develops and researches related products such as rubber bushing, spacing sheet, broken edge scissor, roller, straighten correction roller and support roller, etc.
Nanjing Jingfeng Knife Manufacturing CO., Ltd.
Our company has nearly 30 years with new materials, new techniques and advanced equipment, offering first-class products for our customers. Our company got high appreciation from our customers by high quality, good reputation and reasonable prices at home and abroad. Welcome to contact us and visit our factory.